As a Principal Contractor, Linbrooke Services provide professional telecommunications engineering to support the whole project life cycle throughout the entirety of the sector. Through the successful delivery of many complex rail telecommunications projects, we can demonstrate our proven ability to consistently meet our customers’ needs, timescales and budgets.
This includes delivery in Operational Telecommunications, Digital Transmission Networks, European Train Control Systems (ETCS), Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS), and Driver Only Operations (DOO) Systems as well as the delivery of Terestrial Radio Transmissions Networks and Subsea Transmission Networks.
With our exceptional safety record, we have a national geographic presence renowned for providing our clients with an efficient delivery model driven by our ‘right first time’ ethos and collaborative approach.
We have the capability to provide an all-encompassing service entirely from our own internal resources from the initial concept, through to detailed design, development and procurement, build, integration, commissioning into service and comprehensive maintenance.
We have experience in every aspect of Rail Telecommunications. This includes feasibility and pioneering reports, engineering and business telecommunications consultancy services, detailed multidisciplinary designs and design management. We have delivered copper and fibre networks and enhancements along the entire national rail network to the delivery of high bandwidth state of the art digital transmission networks, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Networks and Internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure supporting mission critical signalling and telecommunications control functions. We have delivered cellular leaky feeder solutions through to GSM-R radio infill & repeater works to support European Train Control Systems (ETCS) roll out as well as enhancements of existing Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS) networks and the provision of multi-station passenger information PA/PAVA, CCTV security and Driver Only Operation (DOO) systems.
“I don’t think I can recall a handover walkout with such a clean slate as its outcome, and that is due to Linbrooke’s attention to detail and high work standards.”
“Congratulations to the Linbrooke project team on the PA/VA and CIS works – this is a project being completed without drama and with a truly collective team focus.”
Core Engineering Services
• Design & engineering management including all Electrical, Mechanical and Civils sub systems
• Turnkey project delivery, conception to completion, including all Electrical, Mechanical and Civils sub systems and in-house delivery.
• Solutions development, feasibility & consultancy and business analysis
• Enabling innovative solutions via test bed & product development
• Robust survey
• Reference System Design – optioneering through to detailed design
• Safe by Design development and implementation
• Design integration
• CDM & CSM compliance
• Systems Integration
• Testing & Commissioning
• Handback & supporting documentation
• Warranty & System Maintenance
Trunk Bearer Networks
• Fibre trunk networks including blown fibre solutions, DWDM, CDWM. Including full testing service and results analysis.
• Copper trunk networks
• Structured cabling & block wiring
• Data networks
Digital Transmission Networks
• Core Gigabyte network solutions utilising MPLS technology
• TCP/IP and UDP solutions
• Core node site builds – FTN and FTNx
• SDH core networks
• PDH access network
SISS (Station Information & Control Systems)
• DOO (Driver Only Operation) mirror and camera/monitor solutions
• Security CCTV systems
• Passenger flow and safety CCTV systems
• Help points
• PA solutions including Long Line PA systems.
• PAVA solutions
• Passenger information systems
• Voice and CCTV image recording (DVR/NVR)
• Power supply systems
• Digital PABX & server based telephony for key operational control centres
• Analogue telephony concentrator solutions for more rural applications
• Voice recording solutions
• GSM-R enhancements and infill
• Level crossing CCTV solutions
• Lineside telephony – analogue and IP solutions
• Safety telephony – PETS, KETS, KPETS for level crossings
• Power supply systems in support of telecommunications
Services for Signalling Control, Re-control & Re-lock
• Signalling control functions – SSI, CBI and Modular Signalling IP based systems & high bandwidth MPLS delivery
• ETCS enabling telecommunications systems
• Data systems for TD, TDM, Emergency Alarms, ASOC, HABD
• SCADA systems & intelligent infrastructure
• Voice networks
• Immunisation testing (Vl & Vt)