As a Principal Contractor, Linbrooke Services has proven capability in the design and build of signalling projects throughout the UK rail network. We provide full turnkey solutions for our clients.
Our IRSE licenced ‘in-house’ resources have extensive experience of concept through to the detailed design, build and commissioning of signalling systems (Network Rail GRIP stages 2 to 7) – including the hardware design and installation of Computer Based Interlocking (CBI), Solid State Interlocking (SSI) and relay based systems. In addition, our design and build resources have extensive knowledge of European Train Control Systems (ETCS) and Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC).
We have a national geographic presence renowned for providing our clients with an efficient delivery model driven by our ’right first time’ ethos and collaborative approach.
We employ ‘Safe by design’ principles throughout all of the project lifecycle, resulting in the enhanced operational and occupational safety performance of all of our projects.
We have proven partnerships with signalling technology partners and we provide the appropriate levels of systems implementation knowledge to support effective delivery.
We offer a full suite of ‘in house’ signalling capability including project engineering, design, installation and testing & commissioning. With our delivery integration that encompasses power, telecoms and ancillary civils, we have the capability to provide our clients with the efficient delivery of multidisciplinary projects from our resources.
With our state of the art National Training Academy, our realistic and safe training environment and our highly trained, experienced and operational instructors, we are able to provide a full range of signalling courses to ensure that our workforce can cater to all of our clients’ needs.
We have proven experience in:
• Design phases – feasibility studies and surveys, concept design development, option design selection studies, engineering led implementation reviews, detailed design delivery and design integration management
• Project execution – completion of robust constructability reviews, the development of detailed construction methodologies and logistics plans to ensure secure site completion and the required site activity integration
• Test and commissioning – innovative test & commissioning strategies that utilise efficient network access and disconnections and minimise critical resource demand
We have successfully delivered signalling systems enhancements and renewals including SSI and IECC alterations and new and amended relay based interlocking solutions. Additionally, we undertake lineside and four foot asset renewal schemes, campaign change renewals and spot equipment renewals as part of enhanced maintenance regimes.
Our resources have delivered reference and detailed designs for CBTC metro and mainline systems and ETCS trackside system designs as well as having supported their implementation for a number of worldwide markets.
“Linbrooke remained focused on the delivery of GRIP 5-8 and…they have maintained a professional approach both on site and within the office.”
Core Engineering Services
• Solutions and scheme development, feasibility, survey and consultancy including assessments, feasibility studies and RAMS studies
• Enabling innovative solutions via ntrs national training academy based product development
• Application of ‘Safe by Design’ principles through development and implementation
• CDM & CSM compliance
• Turnkey project delivery, conception to completion, including all Electrical, Mechanical and Civils sub systems and in house delivery
• IRSE licensed design, installation & project engineering integration & management including all civils sub systems
• IRSE licensed SWTH, SMTH and G110 management and delivery with extensive equipment knowledge
• Handback and supporting documentation
• Warranty and System Maintenance
• SSI / CBI / RRI lineside equipment housings
• Signals & indicators
• Points operating equipment
• AWS & TPWS
• ATP (incl. GWML & Chilterns)
• Level Crossing equipment Circuits
• Train detection equipment
• Thales & Frauscher Axle Counter systems
• Wheel & flange detector systems
• DC, audio frequency (analogue and digital) track circuits
• Signalling power supplies from the FSP interface
Project Engineering, Design, Construction and Test & Commissioning of:
Interlocking and Control Centres
• Mechanical locking alterations
• BR 850 freewire interlocking
• BR WR E10k freewire interlocking
• SSI interlocking hardware design
• Westpac Mk1 through 4 geographical
• GEC geographical
• CBTC (fixed block and driverless moving block)
• ATP (various inc. TVM 430)
• LUL air frames and LUL freewire
• LRT freewire and Programmable Logic Controllers
• Control Panel and MMI VDU concept design
• TDM I/O
• PMUX I/O
• Reed FDM systems