Linbrooke Services have over 2 decades of proven experience in sub-sea cabling and terrestrial transmissions networks. Working closely with vendors such as Alcatel and TESubcom, we have built up a professional team of project managers, design engineers and installation and commissioning engineers. We have consistently proven our ability to meet our customers’ needs, timescales and budgets while providing professional, full turnkey transmission support for projects across the globe. Linbrooke have the capability todeliver the planning, testing, installation and commissioning of all projects.
With our exceptional safety record, we have a national geographic presence renowned for providing our clients with an efficient delivery model driven by our ‘right first time’ ethos and collaborative approach.
Collaboratively working with other Ciena partners to facilitate the delivery of complex projects, we continually liaise with a number of industry renowned companies and individuals to ensure we deliver the highest quality service. With exceptional back office support, we have circa 20 operational field workers deployed at any one time.
Boasting an integrated, in-house training and resourcing capability and a state-of-the-art National Training Academy, Linbrooke have the ability to respond quickly to the changing needs and requirements of our clients and the industry. This includes efficient training of new engineers and continual upskilling of our workforce.
As the Submarine partner of choice for Ciena, we work on a number of projects around the world and collectively have over 20 years’ experience in every aspect of sub-sea and terrestrial transmission networks. Our full turnkey projects – involving project management, installation, commissioning and documentation – include Ciena Gulf Bridge International (GBI), the 14 site Europe India Gateway (EIG) and the 36 site Ciena Aquacom project. In addition to these, we also work closely with Infinera to assist them with submarine trials, accurately demonstrating the capability of the equipment.
• UK and overseas Greenfield deployments
• Capacity enhancement to current Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems
• Capacity enhancement to existing submarine systems
• Data networks
• Data centre installations
• System integration
• Testing and commissioning
• Handback with supporting documentation
• First Line Maintenance (FLM) support
• Power connections and installation of rectifiers
• Logistics – including delivery to site
• Audits on installations including other partner installs
Responsibilities for turnkey projects
• Project management of the field implementation
• Signal flow diagrams and rack face views of client equipment
• Site surveys and reports
• Supply of installation materials
• Installation of client supplied equipment
• Update of installation handbooks to ‘As Built’ for all sites
• In-station commissioning and provision of test results
• Management of the workflow and content of activities defined in the plan of work
We are also implementing innovation through approaching industry challenges in a number of smarter and leaner ways, such as:
• Working with alternate shipping suppliers to minimise lead times and to make cost saving efficiencies
• Working with the Chamber of Commerce to utilise inter country expertise and to form a slicker approach to shipping documentation and vis requirements