To make vital upgrades to driver–signaller radio communications systems across Britain’s rail network via Global System for Mobile Communications/Railway (GSMR) and to ultimately ensure the renewal of the entire line-side Fixed Telecoms Network (FTN).
Joining the 13 year project 5 years in, Linbrooke collaborated efficiently with stakeholders and clients and were selected to deliver GRIP 5-8 of the project works in order to ensure the highest degree of railway communication effectiveness. Providing a full turnkey delivery in the design, installation, test and commissioning of all allocated telecoms and power work, Linbrooke’s scope of works included:
• The completion of fibre tails at 534 sites
• Power installations at over 640 sites
• The provision of 41 new DNO connections
• Installation of copper and fire lineside cables
• The provision of 15 “late notice” infill repeaters (including telecoms & power)
• Deployment, service and recovery of temporary generators
• The utilising of Astute Asset Security to analyse location susceptibilities to theft & vandalism and to advise the Network Rail project team of strategies and methods for reducing them
Linbrooke also displayed innovative thinking through the developing of a solar/wind power solution for remote infill repeaters sites that cannot be economically powered by standard Distribution Network Operators (DNO) or trackside power supplies. This enabled the remainder of the works to be carried out successfully and efficiently.
As a high profile, multi-disciplined programme, Linbrooke were an asset to the project through the provision of innovative thinking and a full turnkey delivery in telecommunications, power and civils works. This ensured a continuity and efficiency that cannot always be attained through the employ of multiple sub-contractors.
To ensure successful project delivery, we consistently provide:
• A strong, detailed understanding of the technical scope
• A full delivery of telecoms, signalling, power, civils and track which ensures multidisciplinary efficiency
• An impeccable health and safety record
• The ability to adjust to project alterations rapidly – and provide alternative solutions when required
• A highly skilled and experienced work force
• Strong relationships with a number of industry experts