To increase passenger accessibility to, through and from the heart of London by improving and expanding the existing Thameslink train services through the modification and installation of new Customer Information Systems (CIS’s).
Completing GRIP 5-8 of the project works, we provided a full turnkey delivery from the design and installation through to the test, commission and handback into service.
Undertaking site surveys across all 4 stations to ascertain the most suitable positioning for the CIS equipment, we surveyed for locations with adequate headspace to ensure a safe installation, placement and siting for customers while maintaining the stations’ aesthetics. Catering to the differing architecture of each station, displays with screen sizes of 32 inches and 42 inches were selected, building bespoke ‘rapid-deployment brackets’ to accommodate the differences in size while maintaining equipment uniformity.
Our fuller scope of works included:
• 225 new CIS displays across St Pancras, City Thameslink, Blackfriars and Farringdon Stations
• Upgrading of the existing PA/VA systems to enable dual, simultaneous announcements
• Survey of the existing CCTV systems across all stations in respect of sighting issues/new CIS displays
• Modification of the PA system at City Thameslink station
• Survey of existing signals across all stations to ensure no sighting issues
• Development of screen script and hardware, so that the new format of train information could be delivered in one packaged display
• Modification to existing ‘Worldline Atos’ configuration data
• Innovative off-site pre-assembly of display clusters to facilitate efficient installation arrangement, failure free completions and meet client milestones
Collaborating with Network Rail, London Underground, GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway), ATOS and numerous statutory bodies to ensure effective stakeholder management, we facilitated a number of screen formatting changes that were required throughout the project to meet stakeholder needs.
Delivering a more detailed and comprehensive passenger information service that successfully provides the right information to get passengers efficiently to the correct place, Linbrooke have established a strong groundwork for the effective delivery of the remainder of the Thameslink scheme outputs.
With our successful project delivery demonstrating the high calibre planning and design of the project, we continue to deliver all works in a shorter deployment time while accruing no additional cost to the client.
Further benefits include:
• A strong workforce with extensive experience of managing multi-disciplined projects and sub-contractors
• Flexibility of working around the operational railway and underground within a heavy traffic High Street environment.
• Ability to innovate off site manufacturing processes to ensure successful, timely delivery
• The ability to adjust to project alterations rapidly – and provide alternative solutions when required
• A highly skilled and experienced work force
• Strong relationships with a number of industry experts
• An impeccable health and safety record