To renew the life expired level crossing lighting and column facilities at Yapton Lane, Chichester Station and Basin Road in order to ensure a strengthened degree of public and passenger safety.
Linbrooke worked with local authorities to negotiate road closures and diversions and subsequently executed ‘letter-drops’ in the area to ensure locals were aware of all relevant works and succeeding ramifications. Due to the close proximity of residential and commercial properties, Linbrooke further designed, produced and fitted bespoke baffles (light shields) in order to remove nocturnal glare and maintain Network Rail’s required light distribution.
Linbrooke’s scope of works included:
• Survey and design of level crossing lighting systems and SMTH signalling design
• Replacement of existing level crossing lighting systems in their entirety
• Installation of new level crossing lighting – inclusive of power supply
• Design and installation in order for new equipment to be maintained without the need for possession protection
• Installation of new access points and hard-standings which offer suitable protection to maintainers from live traffic
• Installation of new cable routes inclusive of under track crossings (UTX)
• Production and provision of records to reflect all works delivered by this project
• Recovery of all redundant assets resulting from the project
• Responsible disposal of all redundant materials
Linbrooke worked collaboratively with all parties and stakeholders in the project and delivery alliance which ensured issues and risks were discussed openly. We provided ample support in order to guarantee the success of the project on the first attempt. With our team working unsociable hours in order to maintain daytime safety, Linbrooke ensured the clients’ needs were a priority. Furthermore, all labour was carried out by hand as machinery access to the project site was restricted.
To ensure successful project delivery, Linbrooke consistently provide:
• A strong, broad understanding of the technical scope
• A full turnkey understanding of telecoms, power and signalling
• The interdependency and continuity that results from the unification of industry disciplines
• A highly skilled and experienced work force
• The size, ability and flexibility to react quickly, effectively and safely to changing circumstances