Assistant Project Engineer – Rail E&P
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Established in 2002, Linbrooke is renowned for delivering outstanding mission-critical solutions in telecoms, power and signalling, predominantly in Rail, Utilities and Subsea environments.
As a Principal Contractor (PC) for Network Rail and an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) accreditation, we have world-class multifunctional in-house design and build capability. This enables us to provide a comprehensive service, from design, installation, test, commissioning and integration through to training and resourcing, ensuring exceptional time and cost savings on all our projects.
We are seeking an project engineer with a strong electrical background within Rail power.
- Provide technical leadership to the Power engineering resources of Linbrooke and its partner / sub-contractors on the portfolio of projects where the role is allocated as the assistant project engineer.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Support specific business initiatives as required
- Develop Risk Assessments to identify Risks and Hazards and advise on adequate control measures to ensure identified risks are brought down to an acceptable level
- Ensure that the requirements of the Linbrooke and customer Document Control systems are met
In accord with the direction of the responsible Linbrooke Project Manager:
- Assists in ensuring the completion of engineering tasks / activities and delivery activities are achieved in accordance with agreed engineering standards whilst attaining quality, budget targets within timescale constraints.
- Responsible for assisting the relationship with the client DPE or equivalent role for all engineering matters
- Responsible for assisting in ensuring that signalling design, construction and test & commissioning deliverables remain coordinated both in technical content and in timeframe and where appropriate coordinated with other functions / discipline deliverables
- Responsible for assisting in the assurance that the adequate quality and timeliness of presentation of engineering deliverables to the client for acceptance or approval
- Ensure that adequate engineering knowledge regarding the project scope is available to all project team members
- Ensure that the project operates an appropriate document control process for all engineering deliverables management
- Ensure that accurate as built drawings and health and safety file information is produced as appropriate and returned to the customer via the approved means / processes
- Assist in ensuring that all project related engineering tasks / activities are robustly planned and resourced in accord with timescale and budget constraints
- Assist in ensuring that changes to engineering scope are captured and as relevant escalated to the project manager for action in accord with the contract