|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of the project engineering needs for the business in accordance with agreed quality, budget and programme.
· Act as the Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) for multi-disciplined or telecommunications projects.
· Act as the lead Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for multi-disciplined projects.
· Act in the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for the discipline of telecommunications for allocated projects.
· Coordinate the engineering output & delivery to ensure that it is fit for purpose, constructible and that the design integrates with all appropriate disciplines.
· Manage the engineering programme for projects.
· Manage & chair formal engineering reviews for projects including IDC/IDR.
· Implement standards changes as appropriate to projects.
· Identify process improvements within the engineering function and assist with formal implementation.
· Identify training, recruitment and development needs of the project engineering team.
· Manage the formal handover of the AFC designs to the construction team (Delivery Engineer).
· Liaise with the Technical Support Manager to plan and arrange test resources for projects.
· Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
· Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
· Prepare technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids.
· Prepare technical workscopes and remit sub-contractors as appropriate for project/bids.
· Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
· Act as mentor for staff.
|· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
· IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
· Driving licence.
· Thorough knowledge of aspects of telecoms engineering as applied to railway telecommunications.
· Excellent understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
· Excellent practical experience and thorough appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety
concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.