Graduate Quantity Surveyor
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Your primary role as Graduate Quantity Surveyor involves understanding legal and contractual risks with regards to contract terms, variations and action failures by clients during course of contract and presenting risk profile information to management for decision whilst working alongside management to implement business exposure controls. During this time, you will be exposed to a wide range of opportunities to gain broad experience.
Some of the activities and responsibilities in the role will include:
- Reviewing contractual terms and ensuring the business make informed decisions on risks of projects.
- Negotiating amendments to terms • Produce detailed valuations and cost build-ups for all projects.
- Agree sub-contract packages and job specifics; authorising sub-contract payments along with agreement to day work, ensuring variations are properly recorded and recovered on a monthly basis.
- Provide cost analysis to assist the project managers and finance manager with mid-month cost to complete
First and foremost we are looking for people who share our values and want to part of something bigger.
You will relish a challenge and thrive in demanding conditions using your initiative to support their business to operate effectively and successfully.
You will need;
- A degree ideally in Quantity surveying, or associated fields (construction industry)
- The ability to build professional relationships and work cohesively with your Project Manager, colleagues and of course our customers
- To be highly motivated with a pro-active approach, showing willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Good level of IT literacy