- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
The HSEQ advisor will be responsible for providing health, safety and environmental support to Linbrooke Services’ and will monitor, at all times, via site visits and regular audits/inspections, the operation of company’s policies and procedures.
The HSEQ advisor will coach, guide and where necessary instruct company employees including management on HSEQ matters to ensure observance of company policies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the HSEQ manager to continually improve, implement and maintain the integrated management system.
- Support the central HSEQ team in the delivery of the group audit programme and undertake audits, inspections and monitoring activities on Linbrooke Services’ projects.
- Conducts supplier HSEQ audits.
- Supports development of project documentation in accordance with the IMS.
- Support & advise operational staff in developing risk assessments and project documentation.
- Advise managers and supervisors in their responsibilities for health and safety.
- Undertake investigations.
- Ensure any recommendations or actions are forwarded to the appropriate Manager. Pursue closure on corrective actions.
- Review project documentation for suitability against Linbrooke Services’ management system and client standards.
- Provide in house training relating to health & safety and developing risk controls or industry practices (e.g. ALO).
- As necessary, support external audit preparation.
- At all times maintain an awareness of health & safety legislation and proposed legislation, codes of practice, and activity in the health & safety field in other industries and companies to ensure that up to date knowledge and continued appropriateness of company policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the production and delivery of site briefing material.
- Liaison as necessary with clients, other organisations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Support statistical analysis and report production.
- Ensure HSEQ files remain current.
- Actively support all aspects of the operational leadership programme.
- Support initiatives and step-up activities.
- Travel and conduct other tasks as necessary to ensure the team’s functions can be fulfilled.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
Minimum competence requirements, training, qualifications, knowledge, skills & time served:
- Qualifications – NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Practically applied knowledge of health and safety requirements as set out in legislation and rail industry standards.
- Experience in providing health & safety support to railway contractors or Network Rail.
- Experience in supporting construction work, including: civils, telecoms, signalling or E&P.
- Experience in monitoring activities (inspections & audits).
- IEMA Certificate (or other environmental qualification/experience).
- Experience or qualifications in providing vocational training.
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma.
- HM Forces experience.