Linbrooke Services Ltd provide Telecommunications, Signalling, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry, Utility Sector and Optical Network sectors.
Working within our Optical Networks division, part of our Infrastructure Services business this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrative coordinator to join our busy team.
This is a department co-ordination role to provide critical support to the project teams and commercial manager. A busy department, the project teams work globally on both terrestrial telecom projects and transcontinental sub-sea telecom projects. Working across different countries and time zones, this role requires a high level of accuracy and initiative.
To take ownership and responsibility for the completion of tasks in accordance with agreed quality, process, budget and timescale constraints is key to this role. Also to ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Document control and efficient e-filing of all documents, records and reports.
• Take receipt of incoming mail/parcels and distribute accordingly.
• Be front line support for all telephone calls and enquiries into the department.
• Undertake tasks and duties as required by the project and commercial team.
• Support the team in completing project related administrative tasks and general office administrative tasks to commensurate with the operations of a busy engineering office. This will generally include, but not be limited to:-
• Time sheet cycle – printing and checking of department timesheets and any invoices / expenses ahead of authorisation by Project managers. Liaison with Linbrooke accounts to ensure all information is accurate and submitted each week to the necessary deadline.
• Reporting of any timesheets charges to divisional overhead that require re-coding to a project for the Commercial manager.
• Photo copying, printing and collating of documents in support of project activities.
• Responsible for department competency and compliance matrix. Management of expiry dates and organisation of re-certifications and / or new training. Both practical and online training.
• Arranging training courses including CSCS, first aid, manual handling, client specific online training. Scanning and updating of all training related certificates and management of department competency and compliance matrix. Recording of information for Linbrooke HR.
• Issuing of training agreements for booked training for PAYE staff. Signed training agreements to be received ahead of attending training by the employee. Managed via compliance matrix and recorded in personnel files. Recording of information with Linbrooke HR.
• Issuing of training agreements for department subcontractors for signing if the subcontractor is unable to book directly as may require a company sponsor. Relevant deduction for training arrangements to be managed as agreed with project teams.
• Arrangement and management of project specific requirements such as BT OBASS cards, BT UIN, security clearance, ID cards to meet project requirements.
• Weekly Kit, Equipment and Stock Reporting with monthly audit across the department. To including clothing and ID cards. Monthly audit report to be reconciled and any missing items audited.
• Weekly Asset report for all hired kit and equipment (e.g microlease account).
• Management of department resource tracker with the project teams to manage Engineers whereabouts and that all project code pre-fixes are accurate.
• Arrangement of all necessary overseas travel – flights / hotels/ car hire via the divisional credit card in line with project requirements and department budgets.
• Booking of all UK based travel requirements and hotels with Linbrooke procurement.
• Full management of this information for dissemination to the relevant project engineer and field based engineer.
• Commercial invoicing and shipping. Management of items to be shipped or sent via courier with the necessary Linbrooke agent.
• Raising Purchase orders for all travel activity and ensuring they are correct, with line details and any exchange rates for EUROS or DOLLARS are included.
• GRN of all purchase orders as necessary.
• Review of all purchase orders that may require amending on receipt of invoice (exchange rate variants etc).
• Amendment of purchase orders as necessary for any cancellations and required changes
• General Health and Safety Administration
• Weekly reporting of export and shipping records for annual HMRC reporting.
This is not exhaustive and other duties will be required as necessary.
• Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
• Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
• GCSE in English and Maths – Grace C or above.
• NVQ / BTEC Level 2 qualification or equivalent *relevant work experience will be considered.
• Commercial experience / awareness in an administration type role.
• Experience and understanding of cost v sales reporting on projects.
• Project coordination experience.
• Confident with global geography.
• Driving licence and own transport with relevant insurance.
• Experience in Health and Safety Administration
• Level 4 NVQ / Degree level.
• Customer Service experience.
• Administration Experience.
• Commercial experience with purchase orders and invoicing.
• A willingness to undertake continual improvement and development through the working career.
• A strong desire to foster close knit high performing project teams.
• Willing to put in extra effort and maintain performance through challenging periods.
• Promote the Linbrooke organisation, values, determination and culture.
Job Type: Permanent