Optical Networks Commissioning Engineer
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide Telecommunications, Signalling, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry, Utility Sector and Fixed telecom sectors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• You will be required to Test and Commission 10 GB+ multi wavelength DWDM/CWDM transmission equipment and associated IP routers and switches. This may also include rack and stack installations. Experience of Ciena (4200/5430/6500) or Infinera (DTN DTNx) would be beneficial for this role. Produce test documentation including Test Plans and Test Specifications as required supporting the testing activities for various projects. Plan and manage testing onsite. Production, sign off and client acceptance of test results. Ensure all remedial work is completed as required. Experience of complex multi wavelength WDM fibre optic patching to site designs and of High speed network test equipment including Fiberscopes, Power meters, OSA, 10G test sets and OTDR’s.
- Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Actively support & encourage Linbrooke Services Ltd’s HSQE principles across projects.
- Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues.
- Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
- Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
- Ciena 6500 Experience
- Level 2 Telecommunications Qualification
- Infinera Experience
- Level 3 Telecommunications Qualification
- I.T. proficient and familiar with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Visio and Adobe pdf.
- Full clean driving licence
- Possess a Full (not temporary) passport with at least 12 months before expiry.
- Willing to travel when required
- Shall be available for work 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year as requested by Linbrooke Services.
- Willing to work for extended periods out of the UK (up to 6 months).
- Shall be courteous, friendly and project a professional image to the client.
- Financially stable with own international credit card.
- Self reliant and able to deal with unforeseen problems without drama
- A willingness to undertake continual improvement and development through the working career.
- A strong desire to foster close knit high performing project teams.
- Willing to put in extra effort and maintain performance through challenging periods.
- Promote the Linbrooke organisation, values, determination and culture.