Established in 2002, Linbrooke is renowned for delivering outstanding mission-critical solutions in telecoms, power and signalling – predominantly in Rail, Utilities and Subsea environments.
As a Principal Contractor (PC) for Network Rail and an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) accreditation, we have world-class multifunctional in-house design and build capability. This enables us to provide a comprehensive service, from design, installation, test, commissioning and integration through to training and resourcing, ensuring exceptional time and cost savings on all our projects.
|· Lead and direct the engineering function and take ownership and responsibility for the day to day management of the engineering function.
· Encourage creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
· Health and welfare of engineering staff.
· Undertake regular management inspections and tours as identified by the HSEQ department.
· Maintain and foster excellent relationships with customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
· Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
· Develop discipline specific objectives and goals for the team and ensure these are communicated as necessary.
· Manage the overall resourcing of the team to ensure adequate and competent resources are available to support business requirements.
· Develop and maintain business processes, work instruction and forms to support the engineering activities.
· Identify process improvements within the engineering function and assist with formal implementation.
· Review standards changes and implement any specific changes as required.
· Maintain records of staff competencies for each role and ensure ATW (Authority to Work certificates) are issued.
· Carry out annual staff dialogue/assessment to review performance and learning requirements.
· Engage with the Managing Director to discuss and agree overall business objectives/goals and actively implement these throughout the team.
· Support the HSEQ function in obtaining and maintaining business accreditation for key requirements including Link Up, ISO accreditation and Principal Contractors licence.
· Manage & chair formal engineering reviews for the team.
· Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
· Support the bid team in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids including the preparation of technical workscopes and remits for sub- contractors as appropriate.
· Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
· Act as mentor/coach for members of the engineering team.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
· IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
· Driving licence.
· Thorough knowledge of aspects of electrification and plant engineering as applied to railway electrification and plant.
· Excellent understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
· Excellent practical experience and thorough appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway electrification and plant.