Project Delivery Engineer – Rail Telcommuncations
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
|Linbrooke Services Ltd provide Telecommunications, Signalling, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry.
The Delivery Engineer is accountable for the safe delivery onsite of allocated projects and the allocation of resources, materials and plant as laid out in the Project Documentation. The Delivery Engineer will ensure the delivery of projects as directed by the Project manager to time, cost & quality standards and processes set out by Linbrooke Services Ltd throughout the project lifecycle.
|MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and input to project handover meeting from Bids & Tenders
- Attend and input to project resource allocation meeting
- Attend client start up meeting
- Attend a formal handover of the AFC designs from the discipline CRE in order to take ownership of the delivery of construction
- Attend both internal and external interim project review meetings
- Ensure correct internal/external resource allocation booked in long term resources programme
- Ensure short term resource allocation revised against build plan
- Ensure correct control onsite of plant and its return on a timely manner
- Raising of PO’s for plant/external resources & materials
- Deliver site supervisor briefings
- Productivity of resources onsite including variance reporting
- Accuracy of timesheets associated with project for Project manager approval
- Audit of working hours for site based staff
- Safety onsite & initial incident reporting and evidence collection
- Quality of delivery and installation onsite
- Provide timely reports to Senior Civils Construction Engineer & Project manager as directed in project plan
- Collation of change onsite/variation information for Project Manager approval with client
- Customer interface onsite with clients representatives and other suppliers
- Feed monthly progress information into delivery programme for review with Project Manager
- Site induction pack production
- ID project risks and work with Project manager / Construction Manager to mitigate
- Possession/Line block booking
- Undertake site/quality audits
- Collate/produce Health & safety files
- Act as construction CRE for projects and be assessed as competent to undertake the role from the CEM
- Ensure that competent and authorised construction resources are selected for the project. Any changes to resources are approved by the CRE
- Ensure that site supervisors/team leaders have copies of the signed AFC designs whilst undertaking construction works
- Liaise with the CRE on a regular basis regarding the progress of the construction against programme
- Liaise with the CRE to capture design change against the AFC to allow alternative design solutions to be considered and agreed with the customer prior to implementation
- Ensure that installation completion check sheets are completed/signed by the relevant supervisor as required by the project
- Ensure as built “red penned” information is obtained from site for all changes to the AFC design and provided to the CRE
- Ensure all change and variation is captured
- Undertake cost versus sales reporting at agreed intervals as per project management plan
- Produce overtime case for line manager authorisation
- Act as on track plant supervisor
- Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Actively support & encourage Linbrooke Services Ltd’s HSQE principles across projects.
- Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues.
- Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
- Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
- Successful relevant experience in project delivery.
- Relevant railway experience.
- PTS certificate
- Driving Licence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Basic understanding of commercial and financial procedures.
- IT skills