Project Manager – Rail
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide Telecommunications, Signalling, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry.The Project Manager is accountable for the safe delivery of allocated projects, to the client’s specification, ensuring that project objectives, agreed timescales and budgets are delivered. The project manager will apply the project management processes set out by Linbrooke Services Ltd throughout the project lifecycle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the project, on time, to budget and quality.
- Lead, manage and inspire the project team to maintain full engagement in meeting project objectives with particular emphasis on collaborative working with the client.
- Work closely with the bid manager at the bid phase on allocated projects to develop accurate scope, programmes and project controls.
- Manage the execution of the project and secure buy in utilising the Project Management Plan as a key document throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage the project programme and ensure that it is accurately cost and resource loaded.
- Manage and monitor resources to ensure they are available across disciplines to deliver the project.
- Achieve or better the agreed project outturn and margins as defined at the outset of the project.
- Work with the client and key stakeholders to establish effective collaborative relationships, supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change.
- Provide accurate project performance data to senior managers and company directors on a periodic basis.
- Implement and manage the defined Change control process.
- Manage timely and accurate financial applications.
- Ensuring proactive risk management is adhered to ensuring periodic review and action with the project team.
- Manage client reporting as required including periodic project reports, programme updates, KPI data, PRISM performance and other requirements as detailed within the contract.
- Act as HSQE exemplar.
- Conduct lessons learnt and disseminate to the wider organisation to ensure feedback to bids ensuring lessons are incorporated into new works.
- Proactively identify and follow up on opportunities to develop new business.
- Identify opportunities within the project and contribute toward sharing of best practice within the project management organisation.
- Successful relevant experience in project management discipline.
- Educated to Degree/HNC/HND or similar standard.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience.
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management
- A willingness to undertake continual improvement and development through the working career.
- A strong desire to foster close knit high performing project teams.
- Willing to put in extra effort and maintain performance through challenging periods.
- Promote the Linbrooke organisation, values, determination and culture.