Safe Work Leaders 1 & 2 / Task Leaders
- NATIONAL PROJECTS
- Job Ref:
Established in 2002, Linbrooke is renowned for delivering outstanding mission-critical solutions in telecoms, power and signalling – predominantly in Rail, Utilities and Subsea environments.
As a Principal Contractor (PC) for Network Rail and an Independent Connection Provider (ICP) with National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) accreditation, we have world-class multifunctional in-house design and build capability. This enables us to provide a comprehensive service, from design, installation, test, commissioning and integration through to training and resourcing, ensuring exceptional time and cost savings on all our projects.
- A safe work leader is the person with overall responsibility for the safety of all planned work on Network Rail worksites. He or she will manage operational and task safety risks when working on the rail infrastructure. There will only ever be one person undertaking the role of safe work leader (SWL) on each work site.
- The safety of both Linbrooke employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day to day operations
- Incident, close call, near miss reporting
- Initial incident management and safety of operatives and rail infrastructure
- The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure
- The day to day management of both direct & indirectly employed operatives onsite
- Site inductions for direct and indirect employees and site visitors
- The productivity of staff booking time to the project
- Delivery & return of safety briefings
- Transient site set up & closure
- The control of materials onsite
- The control of plant onsite and its correct use age
- Weekly sign off of times sheet for the project
- Carry out weekly site inspections
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
- Record/manage site staff working hours
- Collate Health & Safety file information and submit to Design Manager as per Project Plan
- Collation & return of SSOW / WPP / Task Briefings
- Involvement with planning and delivering safe works (PDSW)
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
- Ensure that all allocated installation staff hold the necessary Linbrooke Authority To Work certificates for the project
- Ensure that that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
- Complete sign the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and return these to the delivery engineer
- Maintain records of installation personnel utilised for the project on a day to day basis
- Maintain photographs of all installation works pre and post works
- Maintain as built “red penned” (with Delivery engineer)
Must hold SWL competency.