As a Principal Contractor with proven experience in the design and build of power projects across the UK rail network, Linbrooke Rail Power can provide full turnkey Low Voltage (LV) and High Voltage (HV) power solutions for trackside and off track applications. Utilising our in-house design and installations teams, Linbrooke work closely with Network Rail, their supply chain and equipment manufacturers to provide a high quality of service reinforced by good engineering practices.
With our exceptional safety record, we have a national geographic presence renowned for providing our clients with an efficient delivery model driven by our ‘right first time’ ethos and collaborative approach. Together with Linbrooke in-house telecoms, civils and signalling resource, we provide a full multi-disciplinary design and delivery solution enhanced by our excellent relationships with all UK DNO’s and the industry regulator Ofgem – which can benefit clients through a more efficient, cost effective delivery of new DNO Connections managed via the Rail Power team. As a fully licenced and accredited Independent Connections Provider (ICP) and subcontractor to numerous DNO’s, we also have the capability to perform feasibility studies and carry out the design and installation of Low Voltage (LV) and high Voltage (HV) DNO connections to our rail projects. We also offer advantages to early GRIP stage development and provide surety of delivery of DNO’s via our rail project teams.
As well as performing the design and installation of new and modified Principal Supply Points (PSP’s), Auxiliary Supply Points (ASP’s), Functional Supply Points (FSP’s), 650V signalling power distribution feeders with auto reconfiguration systems and other LV power supplies, we also have extensive experience in installing, jointing and terminating cables up to 33kV, utilising our ICP team, securing wayleaves in third party land and making final connections to the DNO existing network.
We have significant competence in earthing and bonding replacement, reconfiguration of 11kV distribution substations, power upgrades, refurbishment of supply points and 650V signalling power cable and containment systems renewals installation.
“I am proud to say that due to the meticulous planning, focus on contingency and close collaboration with you, we successfully handed back all works safely and on time. This is a testament to the professional capabilities showed by your teams, along with well-planned work, delivered safely and with high performance. This is a great achievement and I would like to thank you personally for the contribution you and your teams made – we couldn’t have delivered this without you.”
In house design and installation of HV equipment and switchgear from GRIP1-8
• 11, 25 & 33kV AC substations
• 750v DC substations, TP Huts
• AC/DC protection settings
• A rectifier units
• SCADA modifications
• HV cable installation including jointing and terminations
• Compounds including civil and route work
• Negative bonding enhancement utilising internal SMTH resource
• Substation earthing and bonding
• Substation dismantling
• Supplies to depot plant, shore supplies
• DNO supply modifications and connections
• Walkway / Sidings lighting
• Tunnel lighting
• Level Crossing lighting
In house design and installation of all low voltage systems to BS7671 from GRIP1-8
• Principal Supply Points and associated ancillary equipment, Functional Supply Points (FSP), Auxiliary Supply Point (ASP), Modular Electrical Housing (MEH) and Signalling Location Equipment (LOC).
• Points Heating
• Level crossing lighting
• Un-interruptible power supplies
• PSP and signalling centre power upgrades
• Full testing and assessment of system performance
• Installation of power supplies to support retail telecoms projects, PAVA, SISS, DOO
Full testing and commissioning
Provision of Level A, B and C staff