We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customers we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering CAD tasks to support projects in accordance with agreed requirements.
- Provide support to the engineering department in the preparation of design information. Tasks to include collation of design drawings, preparation of maintenance manuals, preparation of spreadsheets for material quantities etc
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Design, develop and engineer high quality models using 3D and 2D CAD tools
- Production of AutoCAD, Visio and or microstation drawings in timescales as outlined by the Design Team/Engineers
- Produce details across a number of disciplines, including Civils, E & P, Telecoms & Signaling
- Undertaking the checking of incoming drawings and assessing their impact on the LSL scope
- Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural
- Assist in improving daily processes to ensure that the CAD systems meet customer requirements
- Interact with the design team, as necessary to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project within intended time frame
- Assist in implementation of CAD engineering applications
- Recording and tracking documents via the centralised document control system and monitoring adherence to a quality assurance at all times.
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team member with organisational and time management skills.
- Being able to work alone or with a team
- Being able to visualize in 3 dimensions. Working in a BIM environment
- Being accurate and patient
- Having analytical skills.
- Being able to meet project deadlines
- Having problem solving abilities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- An ability to work as part of an integrated design team and undertake instructions from the Design Engineers
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Good knowledge of aspects of engineering as applied to railway systems.
- Basic understanding of telecommunications systems including electrical systems
- D&A Screening
- CDM Awareness Training
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- PTS E-Learning (complete before PTS course)
- Keen to develop career and role to cost, programme and people management.
- Prior knowledge of BIM
- Prior knowledge or rail based systems ie: Project wise & EB
- Prior experience of working in a construction environment.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.