We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About The Role
We have an opening in our Rail division for a Civils Supervisor to join our team. A Civils Supervisor is the person with overall responsibility for the safety of all planned work on Network Rail worksites.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- The safety of both Linbrooke employees and clients/public who may come into contact with our day to day operations.
- Incident, close call, near miss reporting.
- Initial incident management and safety of operatives and rail infrastructure.
- The quality of installation of assets onto the Rail infrastructure.
- The day to day management of both direct & indirectly employed operatives onsite.
- Site inductions for direct and indirect employees and site visitors.
- The productivity of staff booking time to the project.
- Delivery & return of safety briefings.
- Transient site set up & closure.
- The control of materials onsite.
- The control of plant onsite and its correct usage
- Weekly sign off of times sheet for the project and submission of all. (Supervisors only to submit timesheets)
- Carry out weekly site inspections
- Mobilisation & demobilisation of site
- Record/manage site staff working hours
- Provides SSOW and line blockage information to Responsible Manager/Delivery Engineer.
- Collation & return of SSOW / WPP / Task Briefings
- Production and daily submission of Daily Diaries
- Production and timely submission of weekend possession reports.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with signed AFC designs
- Ensure that that the potential for design change is notified to the delivery engineer at the earliest opportunity to allow the CRE/designer to review and provide alternatives
- Complete sign the installation check sheets as verification of works complete in accordance with the AFC design and quality standards and return these to the delivery engineer
- Maintain records of installation personnel utilised for the project on a day to day basis
- Maintain photographs of all installation works pre and post works
- Maintain as built “red penned” (with Delivery engineer)
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- Listed in Level 1 supervisor competency matrix
- Relevant trade/construction experience.
- PTS certificate
- Driving Licence
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Basic IT skills linked to good document management
- WAH Tier 1 - Module 1b - WAH001b Working at Height Practical Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Manual Handling Practical
- Asbestos Awareness
- Managing Confined Spaces
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Portable fire Extinguisher
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Hand Arm Vibration
- CAT 4 + Generator
- Stilh Saw & Abrasive Wheels
- Hand Trolley Controller
- Stilh Saw Operator Training
- Hedge Cutter, Brush Cutter and Strimmer
- Supervisor Development Programme
- Sentinel - Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Sentinel - Engineering Supervisor (ES)
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- D&A Screening
- Listed in level 2 + supervisor competency matrix
- CSCS,CPCS, PASMA competencies
- First Aid at Work (3 Day)
- Fall Arrest Safety Harness
- Fire Warden
- CDM Regulations Training
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Reversing of Vehicles Banksman
- Noise Awareness
- Fall Restraint Safety Harness
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- Temporary Works Supervisor
- CSCS Cards
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- Slinger Signaller
- PASMA Tower
- PASMA Low Level
- ALO Site Co-Ordinator
- Sentinel - Access Overhead Lines Construction Sites (OLEC 1)
- Sentinel - Auxiliary Operating Duties Level Crossing Attendant (AOD(LXA))
- Sentinel - Auxiliary Operating Duties Points Operator (AOD(PO))
- Sentinel - Lookout (LKT)
- Sentinel - Protection Controller (PC)
- Sentinel - Raising & Removing Speed Restrictions (Hand Back Engineer)
Working out on site, All shifts
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE