We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About The Role
We are seeking a Civils Construction Manager for our rail division.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Provide technical and professional leadership to the Civils installation resources of LSL and its partner / sub-contractors as appropriate in order to ensure the completion of project installation tasks and delivery activities are achieved in accordance with agreed specifications, quality, budget and timescale constraints and requirements;
- Be responsible for the senior Civils constructability review and appropriate approval of activity programmes, schedules of deliverables, resourcing planning, bills of quantities / schedules for the ordering of project materials & consumables on allocated projects.
- Prepare and recommend to the Construction Director for approval technical work scopes and remits to sub-contractors as appropriate for allocated project/bids
- Be responsible for being the integrating mind / role for Civils construction delivery on all project works, delegating such responsibilities to competent others as appropriate across the project portfolio.
- Provide senior level input into designers’ risk assessment processes incorporating ‘safe by design’ principles and thinking into constructability assessments.
- Ensure that construction risks and mitigations are correctly recognised by designers and incorporated in delivered works in accord with the Common Safety Method and CDM regulations including the production of records and suitable retention in the project health and safety files.
- Lead the Civils construction team focus on safety / quality and sustainability matters associated with project delivery and bids.
- Operate an adequate and robust construction quality surveillance regime capable of recognising risks to safe delivery and the application of suitable controls.
- Liaising with clients to assess and plan for forthcoming resource requirements.
- Ensure staff work in a safe manner and environment.
- Management of project relationships with key clients, suppliers, and partners.
- Deploying Track and Safety Critical staff across the region on behalf of the Construction Director.
- Identifying forecasting needs with the P6 planners to forecast the recruitment needs new contracts and projects as and when required.
- Provide project budgets, forecasts, and reports in co-ordination with the accounts team.
- Establish and maintain all reporting, Sentinel management and overarching responsibilities.
- Responsibility for ensuring competency and compliance is managed alongside the training team.
- Identify forecasted training needs analysis for forecasted works and liaise with the relevant manager and training to ensure projects are suitable skilled.
- Effective liaison with HSEQ.
- Support development and implementation of a robust common site skills training and development plan across the business for site based Civils roles
- Oversee the common site skills training and competence process, supporting the audit of PRO107 and associate policies.
- Support the Rail business division in maintaining knowledge in the department, keeping it up to date with the latest training practices, trends, and technology.
- Evaluate and report on the quality and standard of training provided, ensuring consistency and identification of trends in performance and achievement in conjunction with procurement supply chain auditing.
- Be confident to implement change.
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage resources.
- Ensure that WIN271 Project Resources Planning Process is adhered to.
- Ensure that WIN250 Sentinel Management is adhered to
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Knowledge of applicable Civils standards
- Experienced resource manager
- Experienced in NR PDSW 019
Desirable Attributes & Skills
- Sufficient underpinning knowledge of discipline specific technical skills
- Sufficient underpinning knowledge of discipline specific non-technical skills
All shifts, including weekends and nights
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role*, you will be entitled to work 2/5 days from home.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary.
*If your application is successful we will discuss hybrid working arrangements with you during the interview.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE