We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About The Role
As the non-Framework Commercial Manager you will lead and influence the commercial function of the business in the North west projects, driving a culture of cost versus value, supporting the Programme Manager and Head of Commercial, providing robust commercial understanding and rigour in decision making.
To lead and manage a team of commercial staff dealing with pre-contract and post contract design and build multi-discipline rail projects from concept to completion and up to the end of defects liability, building a positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Assist the Head of Commercial with fulfilling the company commercial objectives within Pre-Contract, Post-Contract and Procurement functions.
- Reviewing contract terms and conditions and produce comments on these terms that identify risks and solutions – seeking legal advice where necessary.
- Liaising closely with the Pre-Contract team to understand the scope of works and using this information to assess the risks the terms have on individual projects.
- Negotiation of terms and conditions with clients and supply chain in accordance with Commercial Governance and Delegated Levels of Authority.
- Commercial lead on multidisciplinary major projects, currently 15no. projects, with a portfolio value of over £40m during CP6.
- Experience of working with target cost (Pain/Gain Share) and fixed price lump sum contracts.
- Ensure that all commercial and financial governance is complied with and monitored.
- Prepare Budgets, Forecasts, Business Plans, Periodic Reports and KPIs for the Programme Manager, Head of Commercial and Senior Management Team.
- Optimise contract turnover and profitability for all contracts.
- Production of monthly reconciliations of contract performance on all contracts.
- Experience in construction law and able to lead the resolution of claims and disputes from both clients and sub-contractors.
- Deputise for the Head of Commercial, when required
- Manage and develop the Commercial team, ensuring training and development plans are in place and appraised.
- Ensure that robust contract controls are in place to secure entitlements and protect from risk.
- Be influential and integrate fully with operations in order to create synergies.
- Build and manage effective supply chain relationships.
- Manage the supply chain by providing a commercial view point and ensuring best value, feeding back to the wider business.
- Work with the wider internal team, to assist in development of contractual understanding.
- Form a strong working relationship with the Programme Manager and Head of Commercial, effectively communicating the regional commercial position monthly.
- Build strong relationships with the key members of the Eastern region project teams.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with the Client(s) to enable open and honest discussions creating win-win solutions.
- Regularly engage with the Client to inform them of their individual contract or work bank position to create “surprise free” final accounts.
- Create a cash flow forecast, revised monthly, to submit to both the Client and for the purpose of internal reporting.
- Where necessary assist the Client to manage projects by advising of critical commercial decision dates to maintain programme, utilising either CEMAR Contract administration tool, or traditional contract administration methods.
- Attend/Chair commercial meetings both internally and with clients and make positive contributions to overall commercial management.
The above list is not exhaustive, and you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Experienced in managing NEC3/4 contracts
- Experience CEMAR and Aconex is desirable
- Experience within the Rail Telecoms and Signalling
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Law.
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in interpreting contracts/contractual terms.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard forms of contracts.
- Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain results.
- Highly experienced, articulate and well-informed personnel manager with ability to carefully structure persuasive arguments.
- Inspires, challenges and motivates others.
- Experienced in taking lead in settling disputes and claims.
- Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working with enthusiasm.
- Presents a professional image and promotes the Linbrooke brand.
- Shows initiative in resolving problems.
- Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes.
- Knowledge of key external networks that adds value to Linbrooke.
- Value for money mentality.
- Takes a balanced view on decisions made, considering long term impact/consequences.
- Full driving licence.
Monday to Friday, Office based position.
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE