We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
Linbrooke Services provide high quality Telecommunications, Civil, Power and Minor Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry. The purpose of this role is to lead the engineering delivery and to manage the site activities of the civil engineering elements of projects to ensure adherence to specification matched to delivery within timescale and budget.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for experienced CRE to join our dynamic Civils division. You will provide leadership and work in collaboration on site with the Civils engineering and project teams, acting as an ambassador for Linbrooke at all times.
- Provide technical leadership to the civil engineering resources of Linbrooke and its partner / sub contractors on the portfolio of projects where the role is allocated as the project engineer / CRE as appropriate.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Support specific business initiatives as required
- Develop Risk Assessments to identify Risks and Hazards and advise on adequate control measures to ensure identified risks are brought down to an acceptable level
- Undertake the duties of CRE in accord with personal competence.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Linbrooke and customer Document Control systems are met
In accord with the direction of the responsible Linbrooke Project Manager:
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of civil engineering tasks / activities and delivery activities are achieved in accordance with agreed engineering standards whilst attaining quality, budget targets within timescale constraints.
- Responsible for leading all project team dialogue and delivery on engineering matters / deliverables for civil project works
- Responsible for leading all project team dialogue and delivery on civil engineering matters / deliverables when engaged on multifunctional project works
- Responsible for leading the relationship with the client DPE or equivalent role for all civil engineering matters
- Responsible for ensuring that civil design, construction and test & commissioning deliverables remain coordinated both in technical content and in timeframe and where appropriate coordinated with other functions / discipline’s deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that the adequate quality and timeliness of presentation of civil engineering deliverables to the client for acceptance or approval
- Ensure that adequate civil engineering knowledge regarding the project scope is available to all project team members
- Ensure that the project operates an appropriate document control process for all engineering deliverables management
- Ensure that accurate as built drawings and health and safety file information is produced as appropriate and returned to the customer via the approved means / processes
- Ensure that all project related engineering tasks / activities are robustly planned and resourced in accord with timescale and budget constraints
- Ensure that changes to engineering scope are captured and as relevant escalated to the project manager for action in accord with the contract
- Ensure that the following documentation has been provided, understood, and acknowledged prior to undertaking engineering delivery works :-
Work Package Plans
Task Briefing Sheets
Project specific documentation, including drawings, SIGTAN’s, PAN’s, and TI’s
Programme of works and a reporting schedule are available
Correct materials and consumables are available
Specialist tools and resources are available
- Brief project documentation to employees as identified
- Identify project specific requirements for any permits or specific access requirements
- Identify and action with resource owners any requirements for specialist tools and equipment required for the programme delivery
- Ensure that orders are in place for all engineering deliverables / activities and provide timely and accurate reporting to the Linbrooke Project Manager upon targets and progress
- Identify project requirements and work with other project engineers to forecast and plan specialist skills / resources
- Evidence that the candidate is already acting as CRE Civils Construction
- 5 years experience in the role
- CDM and CSM experience
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- Temporary Works Supervisor
- CDM Regulations Training
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- WAH Tier 1 - Module 1b - WAH001b Working at Height Practical Training
- Accident Investigation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Electrical Safety
- Manual Handling Practical
- First Aid at Work (3 Day)
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Sentinel - Safe Work Leader 1 (SWL1)
- Sentinel - Safe Work Leader 2 (SWL2)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.