We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering tasks associated with a particular project in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescales constraints.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Prepare technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids.
- Undertaking general measurement surveys of sites as required and proposing likely works to the wider construction teams for discussion and agreement
- Prepare bills of quantities / materials requests as necessary.
- Prepare simple designs to support projects / bids.
- Prepare technical work scope and remit sub-contractors as appropriate for project/bids.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Assist with test and commissioning activities under instruction from the PICOT.
- Stay up to date with industry products and innovation
- Undertake training and development to support the role
- Liaising with AutoCAD technicians in the production of drawings.
- Producing accurate designers risk assessments using a wide variety of forms, including design risk log, design decision logs, CSM and project change logs
- Demonstrate and implement “Safe by Design” principles in all designs
- Providing weekly reports outlining work plans, forecasts and key achievements
- Recording and tracking documents via the centralised document control system and monitoring adherence to a quality assurance at all times
- The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- Participate in design reviews as required throughout the project lifecycle to ensure: compliance with Statutory, Industry, Mandatory and Linbrooke requirements, buildability and opportunities for efficiencies resulting in cost effectiveness
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Keen to develop career and role to cost, programme and people management.
- Well grounded base knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques;
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Keen to develop career and role to cost, programme and people management
- Understanding of new product introduction tools and techniques;
- Awareness of design evaluation and review techniques;
- IT literate (competent user of MS products e.g. Excel).
- Relevant Degree Related Subject or have substantial experience in a related discipline;
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills internally, externally and with all management levels;
- Good knowledge of aspects of core engineering discipline in a railway environment.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Working at Height Trained
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Manual Handling Practical
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations Training
- CDM for Designers
- Traywork, Cable Containment and Dressing
- Packet Networks and TCP-IP Fundamentals
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- D&A Screening
- PTS E-Learning (complete before PTS course)
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- Commercial Awareness Training
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.