We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
As a Design Engineer you will take ownership for the development and completion of E&P designs. Acting as CRE for the discipline of E&P, you will be responsible for the design engineering budget for your works and ensure that margins are maintained.
- You will liaise with the project manager to ensure that project changes are identified and that the impact is addressed.
- Attend all necessary engineering meetings both internally and with the client for allocated projects.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management system for projects / bids.
- Undertaking electrical surveys of sites as required and proposing likely works to the wider construction team for discussion and agreement.
- Conducting outline design and detailing of rail electrical infrastructure providing accurate and appropriate imagery. Produce details specifications and calculations for power upgrades, lighting schemes, earthing schemes & point heating etc.
- Have a good working knowledge of BS7671 in a design environment
- Liaising with AutoCAD technicians in the production of drawings.
- Producing accurate designers risk assessments using a wide variety of forms.
- Submission of quality design documents in accordance with NR/L2/ELP/27311, collating the key components as appropriate for inclusion.
- Prepare E&P information as required in support of business bid activities.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues associated with projects/bids.
- Safety critical position (PTS) – good, practical health and safety awareness.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Good attention to detail with a professional outlook.
- Good working knowledge and previous experience of industry standard software packages (AutoCAD, Microstation ,AMTEC, Microsoft)
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation J.
- Driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of aspects of E&P engineering as applied to railway infrastructure projects.
- An understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- An understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway E&P projects.
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Project Engineer / Design Engineer within the rail market.
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Emergency First Aid at Work for Electrical Incidents
- SISS Awareness
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services - Electrical Installation
- Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Installation
- Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installation
- Level 3 in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.