We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About the role
An opportunity to secure a pivotal role in a developing critical infrastructure department, committed to delivering quality, reliable installation, refurbishment and planned preventative maintenance services to the telecommunication and data centre industries.
The role requires an experienced, self-motivated individual that can draw on existing network critical infrastructure experience. A sound understanding of live telecommunications networks is essential to meet industry standard, and bespoke solutions, working within a dynamic, results focussed team.
ROLES RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the design & oversee the departmental operational delivery of electrical installation & refurbishment works into the telecommunications, critical infrastructure sector.
- Assist the bids team with technical and estimating aspects of tenders.
- Act as Project Engineer on designated projects as required.
- Forecast and plan the sub-contract Field Engineering resources.
- Forecast and plan 3rd party specialist resource as required.
- Ensure that competent sub-contract Field Engineering resources are available as required
- Lead the development of a sub-contractor portfolio of Field Engineering and 3rd party specialist support contractors.
- Allocate competent Field Engineering resource and 3rd party specialist support contractors to individual projects considering technical capability and other competence e.g. (CDM, CSCS, first aid, hot works etc)
- Promote healthy pier to pier relations with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Identify training and development needs for sub-contract Field Engineering resources.
- Oversee manage hours worked and authorising exceedances for employees and contractors in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure the that required materials tools and other resources are made available.
- Work with other Project Engineers, Team Organiser and Project Co-ordinator to ensure successful delivery of projects within timescales and budget.
- Procuring Products and Services that are project related.
- Manage and control costs relevant operational activities.
- Ensure that changes to projects are captured and dealt with as required.
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient Welfare Facilities are provided as required.
- Ensure that all contractors on-site have been approved, competent to conduct the work and inducted onto the project.
- Assist the business development team as required.
- Participate in staff appraisals as required.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required.
- Support specific business initiatives as required.
- Ensure project document control is adequately resourced and maintained throughout project delivery.
- Overseeing the production and delivery of site briefing material.
- Liaising with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that inductions, training and appropriate information is given to relevant employees and contractors.
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- 5 years of design and implementation experience within the telecommunications / Data Centre industry. Working with Critical Infrastructure – Electrical Switchgear, ATS, Generators, DC Rectifiers, UPS, HVAC, Telemetry Systems, Access, Fire & CCTV systems.
- C&G L3 in 2382 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- City & Guilds 2396 Electrical Design
- CSCS Cards
- Manual Handling Practical
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Emergency First Aid at Work for Electrical Incidents
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- Tray work, Cable Containment and Dressing
- Abrasive Wheels
- Responsible Manager Course
- D&A Screening
- Installation & Maintenance of DC Rectification
- Installation & Testing of DC Batteries
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Managing Confined Spaces
- L3 NVQ Electrotechnical Services - Electrical Installation
- L3 in Electrotechnical Technology Installation
- L3 Initial Verification and Cert of Electrical Installation
- L3 in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment
Unit 2 - 4, Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2py
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection for up to 6 weeks in 12 month period. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE