We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
Linbrooke Services provide high quality Telecommunications, Civil, Power and Minor Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry. The purpose of this role is to lead the engineering delivery and to manage the site activities of the telecommunication elements of projects to ensure adherence to specification matched to delivery within timescale and budget.
Liaise with Project Manager/ Client to ascertain project requirements and understand project
• Ensure successful and safe delivery of Project deliverables; working with Project Management
team to meet targets and manage budgets
• Lead and co-ordinate the engineering functions within the Project team. Undertaking regular
progress meetings and monitor progress against Project Plan throughout life cycle of Project
taking necessary action, where required.
• Manage all engineering requirements and ensure all deliverables have been provided in
accordance with budget and timescales to an auditable standard.
• Support Discipline Head with ensuring resource utilisation and minimising overhead costs.
• Assist with identifying staff/ competency deficiencies and with the recruitment process for the
• Support Discipline Head with process improvements within the engineering function and their
• Undertake the role of Contractors Engineering Manager/ Contractors Responsible Engineer on
both single/ multidiscipline projects in accordance with ATW and standards.
• Support the bid team in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to
support projects/bids, acting as lead bid engineer where required.
• Undertake regular review of standards, regulation, legislation and processes and ensure their
• Implement processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management
system for projects / bids.
• Ensure appropriate readiness checks are carried out to ensure that engineering output is
planned thoroughly and supports safe and effective delivery.
• Support and encourage creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
• Encourage and support the Health and welfare of engineering staff.
• Undertake scheduled and ad hoc management inspections and tours as identified by the HSEQ
• Develop and maintain effective client/ supplier relationships, monitor satisfaction levels, respond
to concerns and ensure improvement plans are developed, implemented and shared.
• Support Discipline Head and HSQE with Internal/ External audits.
• Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally andISSUE:
• Act as mentor/coach for members of the engineering team.
• Participate in annual staff appraisals of junior staff to measure performance and training
• Assist maintaining staff competencies and ensure ATW (Authority to Work certificates) are
regularly reviewed and issued.
• Maintain engineering log book and carry out regular reviews of direct reports
• Deputise for HoD from time to time when requested
• Compliance to all business related GDPR process.
• The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties
where it is reasonable and appropriate.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
• IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, MicroStation J.
• Driving licence.
• Good Commercial Awareness/ Programme Management
• Understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
• Understanding and appreciation of applicable NR standards.
• Excellent experience and appreciation of project engineering, safety concepts and associated
decision making as applied to railway systems.
• Professionally accredited in an appropriate discipline.
• 8-12 years’ experience in project engineering
• Chartered Engineer/ Incorporated Engineer
• Educated to degree / HND level
• Fully conversant with railway structure and associated safety matters
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE