We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
Linbrooke Services provide high quality Telecommunications, Civil, Power and Minor Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry. The purpose of this role is to lead the engineering delivery and to manage the site activities of the civil engineering elements of projects to ensure adherence to specification matched to delivery within timescale and budget.
- Ensure that adequate project design information is made available to the Delivery Engineers
- Identify the elements of project design likely to cause to construction issues, disputes and claims.
- Ensure that all project related activities are well planned and that the Site Managers/Supervisors are aware of timescale and budget constraints.
- Have a clear understanding of the scope of a project and ensure that it is communicated to the Site Managers/Supervisors
- Ensure that changes to scope are captured and the relevant action is taken eg. a request for variation identifying opportunity
- Ensure that the requirements of the Linbrooke and customer Document Control systems are met.
- Identify project requirements and work with Site Managers/Supervisors to forecast and plan resources
- Participate in staff appraisals as required
- Advise on training where required
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Support specific business initiatives as required
- Planning and identification of resource requirements.
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for rail projects.
- Manage, support and motivate Site Managers/Supervisors.
- Manage, support and motivate Design Manager in delivery and development of their respective roles.
- Provide Bids and Tenders support.
- Hold and attend project specific construction/delivery meetings for purpose of identifying and rectifying construction issues, change and variation, HSQE issues.
- Hold Possession planning and readiness meetings.
- Manage Key Milestones Board in Civils Office, relative to your projects.
- Assist Project Managers with planning and programme requirements relative to construction activities.
- Undertake duties on behalf of the Head of Construction as delegated.
- Identification of correct skills and resource to undertake project duties.
- Support and engage Linbrooke Resourcing and other business streams with a collaborative working approach.
- Manage client expectations.
- Carry out monthly management tour/audit.
- Support and where necessary carry out disciplinary action as required.
Additionally with respect to On Track Plant :-
- Ensure Linbrooke Services are compliant with Network Rail POS regulations.
- Understand project specific requirements for On Track Plant
- Understand the variety of On Track Plant and associated equipment available
- Understand the various Network Rail Standards (rules and regulations) relating to On Track Plant
- Specify On Track Plant Requirements to approved suppliers including operators and documentation
- Ensure that On-Track Plant operations are well planned
- Show competence in assessing, planning, coordinating and carrying out risk assessments for ALO processes.
- Champion ALO within the business.
- Mentor site personnel with respect to working in and around both OTP and general construction plant.
- Understand plant working on or near the line is subject to POS rules.
OTP Competency Requirements:-
- ALO Responsible Manager Trained,
- Awareness of the Network Rail POS roll out briefing,
- Must have minimum 5 years experience of working with construction plant both OTP and standard construction plant.
- Conversant with NR/L2/CPR/302, NR/L3/INI/CP0073, NR/PLANT/0200 and the Network Rail Infrastructure Plant Manual
- Must hold valid PTS including AC/DCCR
- Conversant with CDM Regulations
- Understanding of Machine Controller and COSS duties.
- Proven ability to understand technical information presented by POS holder. i.e. lift pan, SWL etc
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Experience is preferred over formal qualifications
- A team player with excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of construction in the Railway environment including safety requirements
- A good understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Good knowledge of Railway standards
- IT literate
- Driving licence.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.