We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation. In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership with our customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
About The Role
We are seeking a Project Engineer to manage the site activities of the civil engineering elements of projects. The successful candidate will need to adhere to specification matched to delivery within timescale and budget.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that adequate project design information is made available to the Delivery Engineers
- Identifying the elements of project design likely to cause to construction issues, disputes, and claims.
- Ensuring that all project related activities are well planned and that the Site Managers/Supervisors are aware of timescale and budget constraints.
- Having a clear understanding of the scope of a project and ensure that it is communicated to the Site Managers/Supervisors
- Ensuring that changes to scope are captured and the relevant action is taken eg. a request for variation identifying opportunity
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Linbrooke and customer Document Control systems are met.
- Identifying project requirements and work with Site Managers/Supervisors to forecast and plan resources
- Participating in staff appraisals as required
- Advising on training where required
- Participating in training and personal development activities as required
- Supporting specific business initiatives as required
- Planning and identifying of resource requirements.
- Managing, supporting, and motivating Site Managers/Supervisors.
- Managing, supporting, and motivating Design Manager in delivery and development of their respective roles.
- Providing Bids and Tenders support.
- Holding and attending project specific construction/delivery meetings for purpose of identifying and rectifying construction issues, change and variation, HSQE issues.
- Holding Possession planning and readiness meetings.
- Managing Key Milestones Board in Civils Office, relative to your projects.
- Assisting Project Managers with planning and programme requirements relative to construction activities.
- Undertaking duties on behalf of the Head of Construction as delegated.
- Identifying correct skills and resource to undertake project duties.
- Supporting and engaging Linbrooke Resourcing and other business streams with a collaborative working approach.
- Managing client expectations.
- Carrying out monthly management tour/audit.
- Supporting and where necessary carrying out disciplinary action as required.
Additionally with respect to On Track Plant :-
- Ensure Linbrooke Services are compliant with Network Rail POS regulations.
- Understand project specific requirements for On Track Plant
- Understand the variety of On Track Plant and associated equipment available
- Understand the various Network Rail Standards (rules and regulations) relating to On Track Plant
- Specify On Track Plant Requirements to approved suppliers including operators and documentation
- Ensure that On-Track Plant operations are well planned
- Show competence in assessing, planning, coordinating and carrying out risk assessments for ALO processes.
- Champion ALO within the business.
- Mentor site personnel with respect to working in and around both OTP and general construction plant.
- Understand plant working on or near the line is subject to POS rules.
OTP Competency Requirements:-
- ALO Responsible Manager Trained,
- Awareness of the Network Rail POS roll out briefing,
- Must have minimum 5 years experience of working with construction plant both OTP and standard construction plant.
- Conversant with NR/L2/CPR/302, NR/L3/INI/CP0073, NR/PLANT/0200 and the Network Rail Infrastructure Plant Manual
- Must hold valid PTS including AC/DCCR
- Conversant with CDM Regulations
- Understanding of Machine Controller and COSS duties.
- Proven ability to understand technical information presented by POS holder. i.e. lift pan, SWL etc
Essential Attributes & Skills
- Experience is preferred over formal qualifications
- A team player with excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of construction in the Railway environment including safety requirements
- A good understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Good knowledge of Railway standards
- IT literate
- Driving licence.
Monday to Friday, office/site based position.
Unit 2-4 Sheffield Business Park Churchill Way, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PY
When you join Linbrooke, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
Hybrid Working: Find the right balance that works for you. Depending on your role, you maybe entitled to work 2/5 days from home*.
Health & Wellbeing: Supercharged health and wellbeing plan by Westfield Health and EAP employee assistance programme.
Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with My Gym and Westfield Health Rewards. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
Community: Volunteering is big at Linbrooke. You can take 1 day off work to support causes you believe in. And you will get paid for doing it.
Sick Pay: Income protection. So when you are unwell you don't have to worry about your finances.
Death In Service: In the unfortunate event of death, your nominated beneficiaries will receive a tax-free lump sum equivalent to a two-year salary, for this position.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE