Department: Rail Design Engineering Telecoms and E&P
Reports to: Senior Telcoms Project Engineer
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership without customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical and engineering tasks associated with a particular project in accordance with agreed quality, budget and timescale constraints
- Act in the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for the discipline of telecommunications for allocated projects
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely and professionally
- Implement and improve processes and procedures in accordance with existing management systems
- Prepare technical, cost and programme information
- Prepare bills of quantities/material requests as required
- Create complex designs for project delivery
- Prepare technical workscopes and remit sub-contractors
- Assist with test and commissioning activities under instruction from the PICOT
- Assist the Central Functions in carrying out their duties in relation to your business
- Assure that your staff are regularly appraised and have a personal development plan.
- Participate in training and personal development activities when required.
- Support business-specific initiatives when required
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team member with organizational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Thorough knowledge of aspects of telecoms engineering as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Practical experience and appreciation of system design, development of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications.
- Capable of creating, reading and interpreting drawings and schematics
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables
- WAH Tier 1 - Module 1a - WAH001a WAH Theory & Awareness
- WAH Tier 1 - Module 1b - WAH001b WAH Practical Training
- WAH Module 2 WIN236 WAH Procedure training
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1 Day)
- Manual Handling Practical
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations Training
- CDM for Designers
- Linbrooke Commercial Awareness Training
- Responsible Manager Course
- Sentinel - Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- D&A Screening
- PTS E-Learning (complete before PTS course)
- Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Demonstrable experience in the management of Rail Communications departments, projects and skilled individuals
- Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
- Accident Investigation
- Health and Safety Awareness
- The investigation, Incident and Interview Training Course
- Work at Risk Assessment / Planning / Approval
- 432 SWR Ribbon Fibre Training
- Advanced OTDR Testing
- Copper Joint and Termination
- Copper Testing
- Fibre Joint and Terminate
- Fibre Test
- 432 Ribbon Fibre ODF Installation and Termination
- Packet Networks and TCP-IP Fundamentals
- SISS Awareness
- Safe Work Leader 1 (complete before SWL1 course)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.