Department: Comms Engineering
Reports to: Principal Project Engineer
We have set out to be the market leader in technology and connectivity integration across UK infrastructure.
We will draw upon our core values and out-perform others, delivering excellence through customer responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation.
In doing so we will create a sustainable future for our people and our customers, reshaping and influencing the industries we operate in.
Working in partnership without customer we intend to achieve the extraordinary.
As part of your day to day role, you are responsible for the following;
- Liaise with Project Manager/ Client to ascertain project requirements and understand project remit.
- Ensure successful and safe delivery of Project deliverables; acting as the lead point of contact for all engineering functions.
- Lead and co-ordinate the engineering functions within the Project team. Undertaking regular progress meetings and monitor progress against Project Plan throughout the life cycle of Project taking necessary action, where required.
- Ensure site diaries are collated and all issues are reported/ recorded. Carry out regular reviews of Project Issue Log with Project Management Team.
- Identify all project-specific engineering requirements and ensure all relevant documentation has been provided to the Design/ Construction teams to an auditable standard.
- Undertake the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer/ Temporary Works Co-Ordinator on both single/ multidiscipline projects in accordance with ATW and standards.
- Identify Project Risks/ Hazards and produce the relevant Risk Assessments to ensure adequate control measures are in place so brought down to an acceptable level.
- Supervise the briefing of project documentation to project team, subcontractors and stakeholders as identified.
- Ensure project-specific site inductions are undertaken and liaise with relevant stakeholders and other third parties.
- Manage the engineering team to ensure isolation, possession and safe work plans have been identified and booked in a timely manner.
- Ensure any project-specific requirements such as disconnections, permits and access requirements are submitted and managed in accordance with project timescales.
- Manage the procurement of project materials are within budget and handed over to site delivery teams as per project timescales.
- Liaise with the Construction team to identify all requirements for the plant, specialist tools and equipment for project delivery.
- Understand project remit with ability to identify scope changes and managed through the change control process.
- Assist the management team in identifying training needs and participate where required.
- Support the bid team in the preparation of technical, cost and programme information to support projects/bids.
- Undertake a regular review of standards, regulation, legislation and processes (internal/ external) and ensure their implementation
- Participate at readiness checks to ensure that engineering activities are planned thoroughly in a safe and effective manner.
- Support creativity and innovation within the engineering team.
- Undertake safety and quality inspections as required
- Support specific business initiatives as required.
- Assist the Engineering team with Internal/ External audits.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Support and mentor junior members of the engineering team.
- Maintain engineering logbook and CPD
- Compliance to all business-related GDPR process.
The above list is not exhaustive; you will occasionally be asked to undertake additional duties where it is reasonable and appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Thorough knowledge of aspects of project engineering as applied to appropriate railway discipline.
- Understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to act as a lead project engineer on single/ multidiscipline schemes.
- Good Commercial Awareness/ Programme Management Skills
- Incorporated engineer/ engineering technician
- HNC / ONC level
- 5-8 years’ experience in project engineering
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
All employees must be able to speak the English language with fluency with good oral and written skills. Fluency relates to a person's language proficiency and their ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary. For those whose first language is a signed language, all reasonable adjustments will be made.
Comply at all times with the requirements of Linbrooke Services’ HSEQ policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act. Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services’ quality procedures and customer standards and specifications. Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
As of May 2018, the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force and will impact every organisation which holds or processes personal data. These regulations will remain in force regardless of the United Kingdom’s status as a European Union member state.
The GDPR will work alongside the 2018 Data Protection Act to require organisations to demonstrate compliance with the regulations, will apply more stringent enforcement of these requirements and will impose substantially increased penalties for those who do not comply. If you are responsible for the processing of any personal data as part of your role then you have a duty to ensure that this information is handled with the strictest confidentiality, within the guidelines set out by the Company, and ultimately in full accordance with GDPR. All those working for and on behalf of Linbrooke Services have a duty to comply with statutory requirements. Learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.