Level 3 communications (Century link)
With 7 subsea cable stations and 2 terrestrial backhaul networks into London and Slough, Linbrooke have been involved in works on all L3 sites in the UK – including the build of their new backhaul link into Slough, Lannion France and upgrading the Apollo Submarine system to Ciena Flexgrid.
With the scope varying from a single channel add to a full terrestrial build for a backhaul network, we provided a full turnkey project delivery that included the installation, test, commissioning and project management across all locations and delivery partners.
Mainly working on the Subsea equipment for L3 Linbrooke have carried out over 20 upgrades over the last 2 years. This includes major new builds on dark fibre pairs increasing capacity on the L3 network. Managing changes to the project scope, we also documented all critical changes in the deliverables and maintained responsibility for warehousing, logistics and the staging of all customer supplied equipment.
As part of the equipment installation, commissioning, testing and acceptance, our additional scope of works included:
• The provision of an installation design package
• In-station commissioning tests
• Installation of all Ciena materials
• Delivery of all installation materials to all sites
• Installation and labelling of all cables, racks and shelves
• Segment commissioning and node verification
• Run and termination of Direct Current (DC) power feeds from the customer’s Battery Distribution Fuse Board (BDFB) to Ciena equipment
• Site to site link adjustments
• Full capacity testing to demonstrate possible capacity on the network
• End to end network testing and confidence trial
Customised Optical Networks
Employing constant dedication, collaborative enterprise and over 2 decades of transmission experience, all works were completed within the desired timescales and fiscal parameters to the satisfaction of the client.
L3 Network Capacity Increase
Benefits Of Working With #Linbrooke
We offer a dynamic approach to every project finding the best and most cost-effective solutions with the aim to exceed our clients' expectations. Our unique business model provides comprehensive project management with a progressive approach to technology and innovation. We have a reputation for challenging traditional thinking and providing optimised project delivery.
Browse our case studies to learn more about the solutions we have provided for our customers.View all case studies