To implement a network between the USA, Ireland and the UK with approximately 46 sites involved across all 3 nations, linked together by a number of subsea repeatered and unrepeatered cables.
As Ciena’s main service partner, Linbrooke were selected to provide a full project turnkey delivery, including the project management and field resources coordination across all delivery partners and locations. This was accompanied by a detailed project plan to achieve the customers’ Ready for Service (RFS) dates.
Managing all changes to the project scope through the implementation of a Systems of Work (SOW) change request process, we made sure all scope and cost changes were agreed in the required time frames. We documented all critical changes in the deliverables, including activities, timetables, resources, activity prerequisites and interdependencies plus identification of critical path items, status, capture risks, issues and any corrective actions on a project register. Linbrooke were also responsible for the warehousing, logistics and staging of customer supplied equipment.
As part of the equipment installation, commissioning, testing and acceptance, we further provided:
• Installation design package
• Installation of all Ciena materials
• Labelling of all cables, racks and shelves
• Test measurement reports
• In-station commissioning tests
• Fibre characterisation of Ireland undersea segments prior to the Raman amplification
• Segment commissioning and node verification using suitable Bit Error Rate Testing (BERT)
• End to end network testing and confidence trial
Employing constant dedication, collaborative enterprise and over 2 decades of transmission experience, all works were completed within the desired fiscal parameters to the satisfaction of the client.
To ensure successful project delivery, we provided:
• A strong project management team who understand the complexities of large projects and are able to deliver in a timely manner
• An experienced support team dealing with day to day issues from technical problems to site access requirements
• The ability to adjust to project alterations rapidly – and provide alternative solutions when required
• A highly skilled and experienced work force with strong industry relationships