To continue to maintain a high quality fibre network through the frequent upgrading or replacing of existing systems.
With the scope varying from a single channel add to a full terrestrial build for a backhaul network, we provided a full turnkey project delivery that included the installation, test, commissioning and project management across all locations and delivery partners.
Mainly working on the Subsea equipment for L3 Linbrooke have carried out over 20 upgrades over the last 2 years. This includes major new builds on dark fibre pairs increasing capacity on the L3 network. Managing changes to the project scope, we also documented all critical changes in the deliverables and maintained responsibility for warehousing, logistics and the staging of all customer supplied equipment.
As part of the equipment installation, commissioning, testing and acceptance, our additional scope of works included:
• The provision of an installation design package
• In-station commissioning tests
• Installation of all Ciena materials
• Delivery of all installation materials to all sites
• Installation and labelling of all cables, racks and shelves
• Segment commissioning and node verification
• Run and termination of Direct Current (DC) power feeds from the customer’s Battery Distribution Fuse Board (BDFB) to Ciena equipment
• Site to site link adjustments
• Full capacity testing to demonstrate possible capacity on the network
• End to end network testing and confidence trial
Employing constant dedication, collaborative enterprise and over 2 decades of transmission experience, all works were completed within the desired timescales and fiscal parameters to the satisfaction of the client.
To ensure successful project delivery, we consistently provide:
• A strong, project management team who understand the complexities of large projects and are able to deliver in a timely manner
• An experienced support team who deal with day to day issues – from technical problems to site access requirements
• The ability to adjust to project alterations rapidly – and provide alternative solutions when required
• A highly skilled and experienced work force
• A detailed understanding of the technical scope
• An impeccable safety record
• Strong relationships with a number of industry experts