To install a global system for mobile communications – railway (GSM-R) leaky feeder system throughout the Mersey tunnel network in order to provide Merseyrail with a seamless link-up of communications between tunnel and over-ground GSM-R coverage.
With the vast majority of works being delivered at height, Linbrooke employed various methods to gain access to the working levels. This included the undertaking of methodology/risk assessments as well as the application of a VolkerRail gamma elevating platform which allowed six men the space to work simultaneously.
Providing a full turnkey delivery in GRIP 5-7 telecoms works, the Linbrooke scope included:
• Installation of 11km of leaky feeder
• Installation of DISAC fibre cable
• Installation and testing of 6km of power cable
• Testing, splicing and termination of fibre cables
• Installation of fibre optic joints
• Installation of bundled fibre to pre-installed repeaters
• Installation of 24 indoor antennas
• Installation of 8 GSM-R handover antennas
• The connecting of all assets
The challenging working environment also saw our installation teams contending with varying tunnel designs and constructions – including Victorian brick twin bore systems and smaller, single bore versions from the 1970’s.
Linbrooke are renowned for our strong industry relationships – including our positive interactions with equipment suppliers – Northgate, Aastra and Cisco. We also work well with Network Rail’s TENE design team.
We are a Cisco registered partner with exceptional knowledge of operational telecoms, concentrator systems MX-one and Cisco equipment.
With our quality driven ‘can do’ ethos, Linbrooke are able to deliver a wide scope of works and provide innovative solutions. To ensure successful project delivery, we consistently provide: