To upgrade and renew the PA/VA system at Paddington Station in a modern compliant form and to deliver the required improvements while having minimal impact on the passengers and the business needs of Paddington Station.
As a high profile managed station open 24 hours a day, the project was esteemed and challenging. Linbrooke – who were remitted to design and implement Paddington’s PA/VA/Atos CIS automated announcement system interface – utilised and maintained a collaborative liaison with multiple stakeholders including English Heritage and the station vendors. This was in order for them to express full acceptance of all changes prior to the instigation.
Linbrooke’s scope of works included:
• The perpetuation of connection to the existing fire alarm system/controlled disruption to daily service
• Provision of a stakeholder approved design solution that guaranteed full audibility functionality throughout the station
• The sourcing of specialist partner suppliers and aesthetically pleasing speaker arrays
• Develop, design and install an equipment count efficient solution capable of the specified performance
• Design and commissioning of bespoke and innovative totems with a comprehensive structure of 4m in height and fitted with CIS screens and CCTV cameras in readiness for the proposed future renewals.
Although the majority of the framework was of telecommunications lineage, the project was also laced with significant aspects of both power and civils which Linbrooke’s multi-skilled teams were able to provide. This contributed to the time/cost efficiency of the project.
Utilising an effective and collaborative approach with all involved parties – including British Heritage and Paddington Station retailers – our team worked tirelessly 24 hours a day to complete the project and meet the needs of all stakeholders.
With our quality driven ‘can do’ ethos, Linbrooke consistently provides:
• A strong, broad understanding of the technical scope
• Survey, detailed design, installation and commissioning resources all in house
• The continuity and interdependency that results from the unification of industry disciplines
• A full turnkey understanding of telecoms, power and signalling
• A highly skilled, motivated and experienced work force
• The size, ability and flexibility to react quickly, effectively and safely to changing circumstances