The objective was to reinstate and enhance the Tyne Dock loop in order to allow simultaneous freight traffic movements to and from Tyne Dock by providing the required solid state interlocking (SSI) alterations, signalling equipment and route alterations.
Linbrooke were required to carry out the design, installation and commissioning of the associated signalling alterations as well as providing embankment alterations, power supply upgrades, a doubling of track capacity, all power and civils design work and all necessary telecommunications works.
Linbrooke’s scope of works included:
• The design, installation and commissioning of the required signalling alterations/equipment
• 800m of track installation
• Installation of two sets of Switches & Crossings (S&C)
• The full renewal of a signalling power feeder from the point of supply
• Cable route works
• Alterations to Tyneside Integrated Electronic Control Centre (IECC) and the Sunderland workstation
• Upgrades and alterations to SSI’s
• Power supply upgrades
• All necessary telecommunication requirements
• Embankment alterations
Latterly, a requirement to upgrade the signalling power supplies was also introduced midway through the project. The access plan had to be within scheduled rules of the route possessions, which Linbrooke delivered faultlessly and ahead of the revised schedule.
With a belief that continuous preparation and a flexible approach to delivery results in ‘no surprises’, Linbrooke utilised an effective and collaborative approach with all involved parties. Our subsequent relationship with Network Rail meant that project issues were discussed openly with the result of achieving the best outcome for all.
Working collaboratively to maximise efficiencies, Linbrooke consistently had the client’s best interests at the foundation of our works.
With our quality driven, ‘can do’ ethos, Linbrooke reputably provides:
• A strong, detailed understanding of the technical scope
• Trustworthy, collaborative relationships with clients
• Survey, detailed design, installation and commissioning resources
• A full turnkey delivery of telecoms, signalling, power, civils and track which ensures multidisciplinary efficiency
• A highly skilled and experienced work force
• The ability and flexibility to react quickly, effectively and safely to changing circumstances