Assistant Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
A vacancy has arisen for a Purchase Ledger clerk to work within a small team to assist with a variety of tasks within the purchase ledger department.
Reporting directly to the Purchase Ledger Controller, the Purchase Ledger role will provide general assistance within the accounts department as necessary including recording documents received into the department, scanning, processing and matching of invoices.
The main duties are as follows:
- Processing purchase invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
- Processing expense claims including the coding and posting of the expenses into our finance system
- Assisting with the set up new supplier accounts once approved by the Procurement department.
- Assisting with the input of Timesheets.
- Assisting with monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Assisting with the preparation of purchase ledger summaries.
- Full training will be provided on our Finance System (Summit 5000 www.redskyit.com) but the fundamental processes of recording and matching of invoices will be familiar to anyone with experience in working within a purchasing/finance department.
- Bookkeeping experience and experience in working within a finance department is required.
- The successful candidate should have good interpersonal and communications skills as they will be expected to communicate with other team members, departments and suppliers.
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- Self discipline and the ability to resolve problems
- The ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- The ability to manage confidential matters in a professional manner
- Good team working skills
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages particularly Excel will be an advantage