About Linbrooke Services Ltd
Linbrooke is a privately-owned company with the flexibility to react quickly to customers’ needs
We operate globally providing a comprehensive end-to-end suite of 21st century mission critical infrastructure solutions in the Rail, Power & Optical Networks sectors
Established in 2002, Linbrooke Services Ltd is renowned for delivering outstanding industry critical solutions in telecoms, power and signalling mainly within Rail, Utilities and Subsea environments.
Within the Rail Industry Linbrooke Services Ltd provide high quality Signalling, Telecommunications, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions.
Under the direction of the Head of Commercial an experienced Commercial Manager (CM) is required to drive the successful day to day commercial and project delivery on a range of projects and contracts types. Working closely with the project managers, the successful candidate will assist in ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget and in line with defined targets.
Projects are in the main delivered in partnership with Network Rail and train operating companies under various forms of contract including ICC, ICE, MF NEC3, JCT and bespoke. Projects range in value from £50,000 to £30m plus – lump sum and target cost contracts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and build collaborative relationships with the client and suppliers
• Ensure that reporting is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Contract and business needs.
• Advise, lead and implement appropriate arrangements and actions to achieve accurate and consistent reporting.
• Actively support and guide budget holders in order to provide consistent and reliable reports which detail accurate cost capture and forecasting.
• Be accountable for the maintaining and monitoring of the commercial reporting process driving consistent quality.
• Identify and include within the reporting process any changes to the financial position to the project.
• Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
• Advise and support with the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure/Activity basis, identifying areas of efficiency and recommend on areas for improvement
• Evaluating and managing contractual risks
• Management of sub-contract and supply packages
• Management and mentorship of junior staff
Key Attributes and Skills
• Expertise working under NR forms of contracts (desirable)
• Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works
• The ability to work autonomously to assist in delivering projects within timescale, on budget and to the agreed specification
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to successfully interact with a range of professionals and tradespeople at all levels both within the business and outside
• Flexible, team orientated approach to tasks and responsibilities to make a significant contribution to an expanding team
• Degree or HND/C from a relevant field
• Membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) preferred
• Comfortable dealing efficiently with large volumes of data and communications
• Working understanding of financial project delivery and the object of ensuring projects are delivered within budget and value engineered to achieve gains
• Strong personal organisational and business administration skills
• Ability to work productively, efficiently, effectively and maintain drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality of work
• Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
• Good computer skills and competency in applications – outlook, excel & word etc
• Prepared to work outside the normal working hours to meet needs and objectives of the business as required