Linbrooke Services Ltd provide Telecommunications, Signalling, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the Rail Industry.
The Delivery Engineer is accountable for the safe and efficient delivery of allocated projects and the allocation of resources, materials and plant as laid out in the Project Documentation. The Delivery Engineer will ensure the delivery of projects as directed by the Project manager to time, cost & quality standards and processes set out by Linbrooke Services Ltd throughout the project life cycle.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend and input to project handover meeting from Bids & Tenders
• Attend and input to project resource allocation meeting
• Attend client start up meeting
• Attend a formal handover of the AFC designs from the discipline CRE in order to take ownership of the delivery of construction
• Attend both internal and external interim project review meetings
• Produce and provide input for project documentation – WPP’s / Site induction pack / methodologies / Task Briefing Sheets
• Ensure correct competent resource allocation revised against build plan
• Ensure correct competent internal/external resource allocation requested in line with long term resources programme
• Book Possession/Line blocks in line with planning programme
• Raising of PO’s for plant/external resources & materials
• Delivery of site inductions and team briefs required
• Management of onsite of plant and equipment
• Management of onsite hired plant and equipment and its return as per project needs
• Deliver team briefings as required
• Plan site productivity in line with project programme / resource / plant and equipment
• Ensure that site supervisors/team leaders have copies of the signed AFC designs whilst undertaking construction works
• Identify project risks and work with Project team / HSEQ / Head of Construction to mitigate
• Undertake site safety/quality audits
• Monitor working hours for site-based staff
• Safety onsite & initial incident reporting and evidence collection
• Quality of delivery and installation onsite
• Customer interface onsite with client’s representatives and other agencies
• Accuracy of personnel timesheets associated with project for Project manager approval
• Provide timely reports to Operations Manager & Project manager as directed in project plan
• Collation of change onsite/variation information for Project Manager approval with client
• Liaise with the project team to capture design change against the AFC to allow alternative design solutions to be considered and agreed with the customer prior to implementation
• Ensure as built “red penned” information is obtained from site for all changes to the AFC design and provided to the project team
• Ensure that installation completion check sheets are completed/signed by the relevant supervisor as required by the project
• Report and feedback progress information for project team review
• Collate/produce Health & safety files
• Liaise with the project team on a regular basis regarding the progress of the construction against programme
• Undertake cost versus sales reporting at agreed intervals as per project management plan
• Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
• Actively support & promote Linbrooke Services Ltd’s HSQE principles across projects.
• Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues.
• Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
• Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
• Proven experience in project delivery.
• Relevant railway experience.
• PTS certificate
• Driving Licence
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Project safety management experience.
• Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
• Basic understanding of commercial and financial procedures.
• Basic IT skills – Word / Excel
• SWL2 competence
• Good interpersonal skills across a spectrum of levels and disciplines.
• A strong desire to foster close knit high performing delivery teams.
• Ability to recognise and put into practice a high level of customer service
• Willing to put in extra effort and maintain performance through challenging periods.
• Promote Linbrooke Services core values and safety culture.