Installation Manager – Telecomms
- Job Ref:
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide telecommunications, signalling, security, power and civil engineering solutions to the rail industry.
The Installation Manager (Telecommunications) is accountable for executing the safe delivery of planned works in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Ultimately responsible to the Project Manager, the postholder will plan the allocation of resources, materials and plant as proposed in the project plan, and ensure that the quality of those works meet our internal standards and those of our clients. The incumbent is a key member of the project team and will use their subject matter expertise to influence a ‘safety first’ culture across the delivery teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide subject matter expertise during the project handover meeting to clarify any assumptions within the proposed delivery strategy
- Attend Client start up meetings if required
- Interpret AFC designs and assist the project team with scheduling work site activities
- Maintain a construction plan from which to schedule site activities, resources, plant, material and equipment.
- Raise internal resource request forms and engage in the resource allocation process
- Attend both internal and Client project progress meetings
- Generate project documentation in line with the project methodology (WPP, TBS, ALO etc.)
- Ensure correct control measures are in place for the delivery, management and usage of on-site plant
- In conjunction with the PM, raise POs for any plant, material or equipment
- Deliver briefings to Site Supervisors and their respective teams
- Ensure timesheets are checked, authorised and forwarded to the Finance Department for processing
- Manage on-site fatigue by ensuring regular down-time is available for all site-based staff
- Assist HSQE in any initial incident reporting and evidence collection
- Conduct site inspections to check the quality of the planned delivery
- Report any sub-standard project performance to the Project Manager and Construction Manager
- In conjunction with the CRE, manage any variations from the AFC design and ensure all change is recorded and agreed with the Client
- Provide regular schedule updates into the Project Planner to enable project performance to be measured
- Provide input into the operational risk management process
- Work with the Rail Access Planning team to secure possessions and line blockages.
- Undertake site/quality audits and inspections
- In conjunction with the PM and CRE, collate/produce Health & Safety files
- Ensure that fully competent construction staff are selected and allocated to the project.
- Ensure that installation completion check sheets are completed/signed by the relevant supervisor as required by the project
- Ensure all change and variation is captured
- Provide input into cost reporting and propose any opportunities to maximise profit
- Ensure any requests for overtime are agreed with the Project Manager
- Manage plant and equipment requirements to ensure it is hired / off-hired in a time effective and efficient manner.
- Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services Ltd’s HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Actively support & encourage Linbrooke Services Ltd’s HSQE principles across projects.
- Actively support the health and welfare of colleagues.
- Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
- Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance.
- Substantial experience in planning & delivering rail telecommunications project.
- PTS certificate
- Driving Licence
- Project safety management experience.
- Working knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Basic understanding of commercial and financial procedures (contract set-up, cost, sales, procurement)
- Safe Work Leader Level 1
- IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills across a spectrum of levels and disciplines.
- A strong desire to foster close knit high performing delivery teams.
- Ability to recognise and put into practice a high level of customer service
- Willing to put in extra effort and maintain performance through challenging periods.
- Promote the Linbrooke organisation, values, determination and culture.