Linbrooke Services is a multidisciplinary engineering company delivering connectivity and technology integration solutions across rail, telecommunications, and utility sectors. Our projects are delivered globally from our HQ in Sheffield supported by UK regional offices.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be expected to undertake the following duties.
You will also work closely with all other project managers including the p6 planning team.
• Forecast and plan Project Management resources
• Ensure that sufficient Project Managers are available
• Ensure that Project Managers and Project Engineers are allocated to project teams as required
• Manage training to meet overall Project Management resource requirements
• Manage recruitment to meet overall Project Management resource requirements in line with forecasting
• Ensure that all line management and project specific responsibilities are defined and understood
• Manage the overall costs of projects
• Arrange monthly project reviews to review cost vs sales
• Identify project ‘issues’
• Arrange for the implementation of corrective actions to improve the performance of projects
• Assist the business development team as required
• Assist with Bids and Tenders as required
• Participate in staff appraisals as required
• Participate in training and personal development activities as required
• Support specific business initiatives as required
• with respect to individual projects
• Work closely with customers to understand the requirements of individual projects, developing effective working relationships
• Defining the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project and manage their development and delivery
• Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of Linbrooke Services
• Manage project change and its potential impact on programme, cost and resources
• Estimate and plan projects from conception to completion and consider appropriate contingencies
• Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project
• Manage and monitor the project plan to ensure successful completion of planned activities and delivery of the project to
• Conduct project reviews, presentation and provide timely project reporting
• Identify potential problems at an early stage and implement effective contingencies.
This list is not exhaustive and other duties are required as necessary.