Senior Engineer TIC
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide high quality Telecommunications, Security, Power and Civil Engineering solutions to the
Rail Industry. The purpose of this role is to provide testing & commissioning activities for the Communications & Control
group, specifically for SISS (Station Information & Security Systems), that are independent from design activities. Where
designated within a specific project, the role also includes for TIC (Tester in Charge) which is a Safety Critical Roles.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of technical testing & commissioning activities for Control &
Communications projects and specifically for SISS projects.
- Implement test & commissioning processes and procedures described within the Linbrooke Services management
system for projects / bids.
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken to ensure that work is conducted professionally and safely and in
accordance with agreed standards.
- Liaise and assist the HSQE team to ensure due regard is given to safety / quality and environmental issues
associated with projects/bids.
- Act as TIC (Tester in Charge) for projects and specifically for SISS projects.
- Develop appropriate test documentation including strategies, plans and specifications to meet the requirements of
- Manage the completion of all site testing including FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), SAT (Site Acceptance
Testing) and EIS (Enter in to Service) testing.
- Provide evidence of testing & commissioning through the completion of test certificates and associated
- Support the Technical Support Manager in continuous improvement of test activities to realise cost & programme
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers for the installation and commissioning of equipment
- Ensure a robust and documented handover process is executed from the construction organisation prior to the
commencement of testing.
- Coach and mentor junior staff for I&C activities.
- Support the Technical Support Manager in the preparation of test & commissioning information for bids and
- Attend internal and external meeting as required to represent the testing and commissioning group.
- Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health &
Safety at Work Act.
- Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards
- Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate complianceSenior Engineer (T&C) Role Description v2.0 Form No: FOR3150 Issue: 1 Date 07/10
- Hold IRSE Tester license (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office including CAD software such as AutoCAD, Visio, Microstation J.
- Driving licence.
- Thorough knowledge of aspects of telecoms testing & commissioning as applied to railway telecommunications
and specifically for SISS projects.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the CDM Regulations.
- Excellent practical experience and appreciation of system testing & commissioning, safety concepts and
associated decision making as applied to railway telecommunications and specifically SISS projects.