Training and Development Manager
- Sheffield Head Office
- Job Ref:
Linbrooke Services Ltd provide high quality telecommunications, security, power and minor civil engineering solutions to the rail industry. This position is a senior role within the Rail Operations Team and reports directly to the Head of Operations.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Training and Development of all staff within the Rail Operations area, including but not limited to field-based training, supervisory development training, professional project management training, compliance and process improvement, and the review of training related working instructions. The role will also capture the transition from an individual skills approach to a multi-skilled installation professional.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver training schemes within budget working closely with the Competence and Resource Team Supervisor and the Construction Managers to identify training requirements
- Leading the development and review of a competency management framework
- Work with the project teams to forecast and schedule training programmes when new systems and processes are being transferred into business as usual
- Manage the implementation of the professional development register
- Conduct effective and efficient job analysis, training needs analysis and the implementation of an effective training programme
- Negotiating training supply agreements with specialist training providers
- Designing and delivering a range of blended learning techniques
- Continuous internal and external validation of training against roles and responsibilities
- Working alongside the compliance manager to ensure training and development is aligned to the company processes, procedures and working instructions
- Generate performance metrics to substantiate that training is effective and within the allocated budget
- Promote the use of task books to manage continuous professional development
- Develop, implement and monitor in-house training and development programmes.
- Assist the Compliance Manager to undertake internal audits against the requirements of ISO9001, 14001, 27001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Assist the Compliance Manager to meet the requirements of external standards including Client and BSI competence requirements as part of external audits of the Linbrooke Management System
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCE
- Experience of developing training courses and development programmes; ideally with a relevant training qualification
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong commercial understanding for sub-contract supply agreements
- Knowledge of training methodology
- Significant assessment experience or equivalent experience
- Evaluating and reporting on the quality and standard of training provision
- Managing the provision and consistent delivery of training plans
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent team member with organisational and time management skills.
- IT literate
- Driving licence
- Comply at all times to the requirements of Linbrooke Services HSQE policies and in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Delivery of all work in accordance with Linbrooke Services quality procedures and customer specified standards and specifications
- Support the business during quality audits and demonstrate compliance